Although Quality Circle (QC) activity has been in Singapore for more than 2 decades, many organisations still require the assistance of consultants:
· To advise on how to start QC activity in their organisations, or
In this regard, Hoshin Consulting is able to provide QC consultancy services in the following areas:
· To diagnose and overcome problems in sustaining QC activity, or
· Simply to upgrade the skills of their QC members.
Our experienced consultants will guide your management in setting up the key elements of a QC movement, including:
- The organisation structure and administrative procedures,
- Monitoring system
- Promotion plan
- Training of key personnel like faciltators, leaders & members
Do you find it difficult to sustain the QC movement in your company? We can help you.
Together with your managers, our consultants will conduct a diagnosis of the problems faced by your orgnisation and then devise suitable measures to overcome them. We believe in adopting a hands-on approach of actually guiding your staff in the implementation of our recommendations.
We also provide training and guidance at the circle/team level; for example through:
Some of the organizations that have engaged our training services include Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd, Assab Steels Singapore Pte Ltd , Panasonic AVC Networks Singapore Pte Ltd (formerly Matsushita Electronics) and Atlas Vending Pte Ltd.
- QC Clinics - Meeting the QCs regularly to help them with the difficulties they encounter in their projects
- OJT - Guiding the team through the entire phase of the project using the PDCA cycle.
- In-House Training - Conducting training to upgrade the skills of your more experienced circles.
- Preparing for the National QC Convention
Our team of QC consultants is led by Mr Chia Yew Heng, a pioneer of the QC movement in Singapore. Mr Chia has about 20 years of experience as a quality circle administrator, trainer, consultant and activist. He received his training in QC at the National Productivity Board and the Japan Productivity Center. Prior to becoming a full-time management consultant, he worked as training manager and productivity facilitator at Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd and Changi International Airport Services Pte Ltd.
- Mr Chia has conducted numerous in-company as well as public-run QC training programmes, both in Singapore and Malaysia.
- He is also very active in promoting QC in Singapore. He is a member of the Programme Development Sub-committee and QC Judging Criteria Sub-committee at the Spring Singapore (formerly Singapore Productivity and Standards Board). He is a much sought-after speaker on QC topics, as well as QC judge at QC conventions.